FARNLEY STAKES OVERVIEW
- The first recorded winner of the Farnley Stakes was Kalamunda, a five-year-old son of Remarc, ridden by J.MeyerS.
- Notable winners of the race include Raconteur (1952), Medicine Kid (1988), Heroicity (1993) and Rock Magic (2014).
- There have been three dead-heats in the Farnley Stakes: Makatilla & Pleasure Cruise (1977), Wool Zone & Rare Flyer (1982), Official Receiver & Rose Baloo (1983)
- Dover Boy was the first horse to win back-to-back Farnley Stakes: 1957-1958.
- Multiple winners also include: Aquitania (1965-1967) & Mega Steel (2011-2012).
- Frank Moore was the first jockey to win consecutive Farnley Stakes.
- Bruce McClune the only trainer to go back-to-back: Mega Steel (2011-2012).
FARNLEY STAKES TRAINERS
- 4-Reg Treffone is the most prolific trainer of the Farnley Stakes with four winners: Tantrum (1963), Aquitania (1965-1967) & Todvega (1980).
- 3-Frank Maynard: Makatilla (1977), Walenska (1986) & Tool Time (1999).
FARNLEY STAKES TRAINERS 2018
- Anne King can join McClune as back-to-back winners when she saddles The Celt, she won last year with Miki Two Toes.
- Jim Taylor (Idyllic Prince-2009) and Neville Parnham (Irish Pride-2003) can become two-time winners with Dream Lifter and War God respectively
- Dan Morton (Man Booker), Craig Wright (Bollywood Blitz), Simon Miller (Oliver’s Travels) and Justine Erkelens (Yeah Dardy) are searching for their maiden Farnley Stakes.
FARNLEY STAKES JOCKEYS
- 5-Frank Treen: Sun Bonnet (1946), Jubilee Myth (1953), Dover Boy (1957), Swift Check (1973) & Son Of Biscay (1981).
- 4-Paul Dyson: Official Receiver (1983), Spirit Of Remlap (1995), Singing The Blues (1997) & Seattle Dancer (1988).
- 3-George Davies: In Referenge (1954), Bacchanal (1959) & Star Agreement (1978).
- 3-Frank Moore: Canagie (1951), Grey Towers (1968) & Sherolythe (1969).
- 3-Mark Sestich: Medicine Kid (1988), Belele (1989) & Heroicity (1993).
FARNLEY STAKES JOCKEY’s 2018
- Jason Brown (Idyllic Prince-2009) & Mega Steel (2011) can join George Davies, Frank Moore and Mark Sestich as a three time winner when he partners Dream Lifter.
- William Pike, on Man Booker, is also chasing his third win after guiding Hartleys Dream (2005) and Foxy Boy (201).
- Shaun McGruddy, who partners Oliver’s Travels, won the race previously with Kalahaar (2013).
- Shaun O’Donnell (Yeah Dardy), Steven Parnham (War God), Matthieu Autier (Bollywood Blitz) and Randy Tan (The Celt) after their first Farnley Stakes.
- Shaun O’Donnell has been placed in three out of the past five editions of the race.
FARNLEY STAKES AGES
- Miki Two Toes (2017) and Foxy Boy (2010) as 8YOs are the oldest winners of the Farnley Stakes.
- 5YO: 29 winners
- 4YO: 21 winners
- 6YO: 15 winners
- 3YO: 5 winners
- 7YO: 3 winners
FARNLEY STAKES GENDER
- Geldings: 34 wins including 21 out of the past 23
- Horses: 23 winners
- Mares: 11 wins including the last in 2015 with Wink And A Nod.
- Colts: 3
- Fillies: 2
FARNLEY STAKES BARRIERS
- Barrier seven: 10 wins
- Barrier two: 9 wins
- Barrier three: 7 wins
- Barrier six: 6 wins
- Barrier five: 5 wins
- Barrier one: 4 wins